Schiff Glucosamine 葡萄糖胺 (Maintain your joints healthy )

Hong Kong Hiking Web: 戶外大夫專欄 Outdoor Doctor Forum: Schiff Glucosamine 葡萄糖胺 (Maintain your joints healthy )
   By Heidi on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 10:08 pm:  Edit Posted From: 218.191.80.110

Tks, Outdoor Doctor.

Heidi

By Outdoor Doctor (Doctor) on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 12:27 am:  Edit Posted From: 116.48.69.205

Glucosamine sulfate was used as a supplement by some people with osteoarthritis. Some hikers with knee pain (due to early osteoarthritis) would say that glucosamine sulfate can improve the condition of the knee. Others said no.

Recent study showed that glucosamine sulphate does not significantly improve the condition of early osteoarthritis. Glucosamine sulphate is not a recommended treatment by several authorities.

If a person with osteoarthritis really wants to try glucosamine sulfate, he may try it for 60-90 days (take it daily). If it works, continue taking it. If it does not work, stop buying it.

By Heidi on Monday, December 01, 2008 - 11:07 pm:  Edit Posted From: 218.191.80.110

Dear Outdoor Doctor,

I learnt from some fellow hikers that Glucosamine Sulfate is good for the deteriorating joints. They said after consuming it for three months, the joints became more relax and not as tight as before.

I checked out Watson's and Mannings and found plently of such dietary supplment of different brand names on the shelves.

But from the Wikipedia, I learnt that it wasn't approved by the FDA at US as medicine. The situation is different at Europe.

There's also no conclusive result as to how effective it is.

What's your expert view on this ?

Tks
Heidi

By Bao (Baohse) on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 9:59 pm:  Edit

Hi,

I have four bottles of Schiff Glucosamine (葡萄糖胺) that brought from USA. My friends asked me to bring 10 bottles for them but finally they could only use six of them. Each bottle contains 200 tablets with 1500mg glucosamine plus 1500mg MSM. The retail price for each bottle is over HK$400 in HK.

The remaining four bottles are now selling at ebay for only HK$255 each. If your are interest, please welcome to search "Schiff Glucosamine" on (www.ebay.com.hk) or click the following link:
http://cgi.ebay.com.hk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180109255152&ih=008&category=140476&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Schiff is over 65 years of guaranteed quality. Glucosamine is classified as Dietary Supplement. It is normally used to maintain healthy structure and function of cartilage in your joints, ease osteoarthritis pain, rehabilitate cartilage, renew synovial fluid, and repair joints that have been damaged from osteoarthritis. († www.csh.com.tw/MI/3.htm)

Bao

By 初學新行友 on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 10:50 pm:  Edit

我]有服用,但各位人兄如果以為這個可以作為葯來看,那就|失望了。這是一種補充劑。
最少要速續吃3個月才可能感到有效。
( 或許不感到痛可能就是有效的了 )

By 初學新行友 on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 10:51 pm:  Edit

我 ] 有服用,但各位人兄如果以為這個可以作為葯來看,那 就 |失望了。這是一種補充劑。
最少要速續吃3個月才可能感到有效。
( 或許不感到痛可能就是有效的了 )

Add a Message

You can use any username with password "hiking" to post. Registered users and moderators can also post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Profile Close Page Delete Page Move Page Log Out   Administration