If injured, don't see Chinese bonesetter, go see physiotherapy

Hong Kong Hiking Web: 戶外大夫專欄 Outdoor Doctor Forum: If injured, don't see Chinese bonesetter, go see physiotherapy
   By Yalcrab on Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 9:28 am:  Edit Posted From:

With any therapist, Western or traditional, it is important to see a good one. Also we need to realise that each has their own field of expertise. Just as we don't take a car to the spray shop to get the wheels aligned, we need to see the right sensei for the work we need done. After years of hiking, I have had to accept that it is time for me to leave the hills and stay on the flat. Everything wears out in the end and to continue to try and act as we did is asking for trouble.

   By jack on Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 8:59 am:  Edit Posted From:

similar experience. it's better to take x-ray to see to detail before treatment.

   By Gary on Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 10:38 am:  Edit Posted From:

Couldn't disagree more. I have had excellent results with Chinese bonesetters, especially for sprains. Of course, the good ones will check you don't have a serious injury and send you to a hospital if you do. They are not stupid.

   By bonesetter on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 1:06 pm:  Edit

i think bonesetter is not the comprehensive word for 跌打

   By 行友 on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 3:53 pm:  Edit

Don't neglect a minor injury.When we sprain,we had better go to see Chinese bonesetter or physiotherapy at once .

   By slee on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 12:33 pm:  Edit

Also, never overlook a minor injury. E.g. my ankle pain now because it is weak. Now my previously not injured knee has pain, too.

   By slee on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 12:31 pm:  Edit

I am a lover of mountain. But unfortunately past month cannot hike because I sprained my ankles and wrist. Yes 3 places, how unfortunate. But I spent huge sum of money in Chinese bone setter but cannot improve my condition. Yesterday I went see physiotherapy, can people there can tell me exactly what's going on. Where as bonesetter cannot. Also the condition improved for the first time.
So what I have now learnt is if injury, go to Govt emergency services first. Then go see physiotherpay.

Add a Message

You can use any username with password "hiking" to post. Registered users and moderators can also post messages here.

Topics Profile Close Page Delete Page Move Page Log Out   Administration