Fungal Infection to Foot Nails

Hong Kong Hiking Web: 戶外大夫專欄 Outdoor Doctor Forum: Fungal Infection to Foot Nails
   By JW on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 9:48 pm:  Edit Posted From: 218.102.224.97

Thank you for your receipe of using terbinafine 250 mg.

>>You should consult your family doctor for the above treatment.
In fact, I have already consulted the practictiners of Govt clinic and applied their given Castellanis solution to external area of toe nails but to no avail.

Will discuss with practitioners of using terbinafine.

Thank you very much of your advice.

By Outdoor Doctor (Doctor) on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 5:09 pm:  Edit Posted From: 210.0.231.224

Your proposed method will not cure your disease.

Drug treatment is most effective.
Consider terbinafine 250 mg once per day for 12 weeks. As you said, you should check your liver function test before and during treatment with this drug.

You should consult your family doctor for the above treatment.

By JW on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 - 11:37 am:  Edit Posted From: 218.102.92.228

Due to frequent hiking in these years and very long hours for a walk I have suffered with fungal infections to some nails of my feet. As internal drugs would be no good to one's liver function and commercial air-spray for athelete''s feet seems no use, I consider applying a layer of varnish to the nails in order to block off the ingress of moisture.

I knows it sounds odd of using varnish but that is the "practical solution" that I can think of. It would be unconvenient to change socks or "dry the feet for a while" during hiking.

Your advice is appreciated.

Add a Message

You can use any username with password "hiking" to post. Registered users and moderators can also post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Profile Close Page Delete Page Move Page Log Out   Administration