Bone fracture

Hong Kong Hiking Web: 戶外大夫專欄 Outdoor Doctor Forum: Bone fracture
   By gg on Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 9:00 am:  Edit Posted From: 219.77.223.46

Dear doctor,

Many thanks. Your mentioned can clear my worriness now!

By Outdoor Doctor (Doctor) on Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 4:10 pm:  Edit Posted From: 210.0.231.224

Same as before as the fracture was healed. Of course, no risk of fracture at the previous site, which is now protected by the plate. Further fracture only occurs at both ends of the plate, if it really happens due to trauma.

2) u can do whatever you can do before. No worry. Forget the past and look forward to future

By gg on Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 12:29 am:  Edit Posted From: 219.77.216.37

Dear doctor, thank you for your reply. However, I have further questions below:

1) if i leave the metal embedments inside, would my arm would be "more robust" than usual since the bones are "reinforced" by these objects?

2) can i lift heavy objec like a working table using my treated arm as mentioned? I really worry the healed bones as mentioned would de-join at the fused junctiion.

By Outdoor Doctor (Doctor) on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 10:51 pm:  Edit Posted From: 119.236.129.175

The plates and screws are stainless steel and will be good if left for the rest of your life. Usually, it is up to you to take another operation to remove it. Easy! Some people will find it comfortable without any hardware in the body; some will find it more convenient when they go through immigration. The usual time for removal of implants is around 6-9 months.

By gg on Friday, November 12, 2010 - 12:39 pm:  Edit Posted From: 121.203.24.10

Hi, Dear doctor, due to hiking accident my raidus and ulan were fractured and in hosiptal my fractured bones were then connected by stainless steel connection bridge plus bolts and nuts slotting into the fracture bones. 6 months have been past, the bones appeared to have healed up, so what is the pros and cons of receiving subsequent operation of removing all the embedments of stainless steel parts or just "leave it as it is" for my rest of life? However, I have heard that surgincal stainless steel would last for about 30 years?

Pleae advise.

Add a Message

You can use any username with password "hiking" to post. Registered users and moderators can also post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Profile Close Page Delete Page Move Page Log Out   Administration