Feverish After Hiking

Hong Kong Hiking Web: 戶外大夫專欄 Outdoor Doctor Forum: Feverish After Hiking
   By Othelia on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 2:49 pm:  Edit

I finished 4.5 hr hiking yesterday. I am not tired but having a headache and burning neck after cooling down. It last until this morning. What can I do to eliminate it ? Actually it happened every time after hiking. But this time last longer. Does it happen to other hikers ?

By yc on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 5:35 pm:  Edit

think you better check this out with your family doctor, because this could come with you when you was born, if you don't fix it as early as possible,it stays n becomes more serious.

By Othelia on Wednesday, February 05, 2003 - 7:58 pm:  Edit

I have asked some other friends and they have the symtom too. They said I have to get used to it. It is just fastened materbolisom. Will be better after a few times of regular hiking.

By mount&sea lover on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 12:02 am:  Edit

Otherlia, I sometime have similar symptom (heahache, sleepy and apetite lost) after hikes, especially when I have insufficient sleep and work very late before and usually happens after walk in dry sunny day. I am not sure if there's any relation to long exposure of strong sunlight and whether it's sort of mini 'heatstroke', but suggest to put on hat/cap and sunglass. My method is going to swimming pool after the walk or on the next day (as I have swiming habit too). I don't suppose you swim a lot but mainly to relax, float yourself freely (that releases pressure on your feet) and just swim slowly since you're tired already, It can help to cool the whole body and soak your skin - since you lost water). Of course it's always right to have sufficient rest before walk and regular exercise for good body condition.

By Othelia on Saturday, February 08, 2003 - 8:03 pm:  Edit

Thanks for your advise. Actually that day is not that hot & dry. I cooled down my neck with ice bag and a penadol before sleep. Swimming is a good idea, but I seldom swim especially in public pool. Some of my friend did cooled down in your way. Will hike a few more times and see if I get better.

Add a Message

You can use any username with password "hiking" to post. Registered users and moderators can also post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Profile Close Page Delete Page Move Page Log Out   Administration