Campers ...

Hong Kong Hiking Web: 相關興趣 Related Interest: 感覺 Feelings: Campers ...
   By Terry on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 9:54 pm:  Edit

Why do you like wild camping ?
How did you start your first wild camp ?
How did you feel for your first wild camp ?

To me, I really enjoy the relatively quiet environment and fresh smell of the countryside. "Quiet" doesn't mean less audible noise. It is the quietness you find in your heart which you can't find at your city life.

I started my first camp when I was 14 and followed a group of people in school. At night when I saw the starry sky, I fell in love with them, both starry sky and camping. Even though in later camping experience, there might have no clear sky, and the worst night with typhoon signal #9, I am still looking forward to next wild camp.

By ngu on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 11:22 pm:  Edit

何謂 wild camp?即在非指定地點露營?但在郊野公園範圍內咁做是犯法的。

I therefore ain't sure if you'll remain in love with it or "look forward to the next one", when you get a penalty ticket from the country park wardens.

By kk on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 4:02 pm:  Edit

I guess in general "Wild Camp" means ordinary camping with tents. Please try to read/think carefully before making comments.

By BB on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 3:48 pm:  Edit

何謂 wild camp?

Wild Camp = sleep on ground, mostly in tent, all equipments and foods mostly self prepared and carried.

House Camp = sleep on bed, facilities are mostly provided by camp house. e.g. YHA

By Terry on Wednesday, December 03, 2003 - 9:01 pm:  Edit

Oh, come on ...
Don't play around with definition.
Ngu, you know what I mean.

So do you like it ??
Or you don't like it at all ??

Did you receive any penalty ticket before ? :)

kk and BB,
How about you both ?

Add a Message

You can use any username with password "hiking" to post. Registered users and moderators can also post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Profile Close Page Delete Page Move Page Log Out   Administration