Non-hiking technical problem ask for help

Hong Kong Hiking Web: 相關興趣 Related Interest: 其他 Others: Non-hiking technical problem ask for help
   By Jasmine on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 9:51 am:  Edit

I'm sorry to bring out such a silly question to you all. But I think I can trace out the answer!

I just recd a email from an unknown sender (with disclosed address but I have no idea who he is). The sender is just the same from the other thread found at this website i.e windgo (July 2). The content is hiking related but info seems to be an non-local article. That's why I don't regard this as junk mail.

During the mean time, I'll check my friends to see who send this to me. I seldom put my e-mail address while posting the articles at this web-site.

Anyone has any idea why?

By drpanda on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 6:33 pm:  Edit

我也收到這封電郵,內容是用GB碼寫的,我想發信者可能是從此網或其他行山網站得悉我的地址。安全起見,你可申請個免費電郵地址來“行走江湖”,別透露自己家中或公司的電郵地址。

By Ron on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 6:35 pm:  Edit

I also received an email from www.windgo.com The sender address is shown and it is clear that the message is not forwarded from my friends, but is sent directly from this company.
I sometimes put my email address when posting on this site and I think this is how they know my address.

By kchan on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 - 7:52 pm:  Edit

My suggestion to this forum: the system can be modified to hide our email address but enable users to click on username and send through the system. In doing so, email address will not be displayed and stored on forum database instead.

I am using hotmail address for all my public forum messages.

By Jasmine on Thursday, July 04, 2002 - 12:31 pm:  Edit

Thanks for all the advices.

My case is just like Ron:
....I sometimes put the email address......
I think I just put the email address only for the 1st or 2nd time while posting message here.

I am also using free sina mail address. It won't create too much trouble but a bit surprise. I wonder how they can trace out my address. Luckily, only the e-mail address has been disclosed but not the phone number!

Add a Message

You can use any username with password "hiking" to post. Registered users and moderators can also post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Profile Close Page Delete Page Move Page Log Out   Administration