Anyone saw ...

Hong Kong Hiking Web: 討論組 Forum: 行山資料分類 Hiking Subtopics: 知識 General Knowledge: Anyone saw ...
   By Terry on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 11:29 pm:  Edit

some big wild animal with your own eyes ?
Not in any zoo or farm.

For example,
wild boar, barking deer, viper ...

By 鬼王 on Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 12:23 pm:  Edit

I have seen king cobra a few times, in the Tai Tam Reservoirs area. They are long, and very swift. I have also seen a big one, probably a boa or a python, again near Boa Vista in the Tai Tam area. Lucky there is no REAL BIG animals. Be careful of dogs.

What if we have real big ones, like this?

http://bigducky.com/4images/details.php?image_id=167

By 老人家 on Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 10:52 pm:  Edit

Yea, saw a barking deer a few times in Hong Kong. Also saw a few porcupines in one single place a few years ago. Not in a zoo of course. Sorry, for the sake of protecting these animals, can't tell you where.

Mind you, the barking deer does make a rather frightening noise. To describe it, I think there are no better words other than 淒厲. I am really startled whenever I hear it as all the time I heard it only in some really remote and forested areas. Incidentally, heard it again today!

By Terry on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 9:19 pm:  Edit

Dear 鬼王,

You really love to show astonishing things. :D

Dear 老人家,

I don't have any intention at all to visit those animals. I don't want any of those wild life being disturbed as much as you don't.

Any way, thanks to both of you.
Actually I would like to know, on this site, how many of us had seen wild animals in Hong Kong.

I am living in the NE area. Just a few days ago, I saw a wild boar of about 200 pounds just crossing a trail less than 20 feet in front of me.
Yesterday night, I saw an owl on a tree not far away outside my tent at Hok Tau campsite. Interesting !!

Add a Message

You can use any username with password "hiking" to post. Registered users and moderators can also post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Profile Close Page Delete Page Move Page Log Out   Administration