About Maclehose trail

Hong Kong Hiking Web: 討論組 Forum: 行山資料分類 Hiking Subtopics: 最考人答之問題 Tough Questions: About Maclehose trail
   By Lady (218.190.141.72) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 5:14 am:  Edit

Do anybody know the map number for Maclehose trail?
cos i want to walk the whole trail of it with my friends but i dont really know the map i should buy >___<

And also which part of the trail i should becareful or pay more attention when i walk?

By Carol (129.94.6.29) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 2:51 pm:  Edit

地政總署的香港郊遊圖:新界西北部,新界東北及中部,西貢及清水灣共三張每張$50. 三聯,中華有.
或地政總署的地形圖(HM20C):5,6,7,8及11號,每張$50.地政處地圖銷售處有售.

第二段浪茄上西灣山,第七段上針山,第三及四段(最難行,只適合有經驗的行山人士),以及100公里的長度,仲有好多要注意的

你地是否新手及準備一次過行完? 係的話,強烈不贊成一次過行完,因為難度不是你能想像的. 打散黎行係比較明智的,等你地有足夠經驗先一次過行就最安全. 唔好自告奮勇

By Lady (218.190.141.72) on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 7:55 pm:  Edit

We just going to train walk first, so the first time we take the first 1-2 or 1-3 to walk, depends on our body can support or not lor, already find some emergency road to go down the hill for some path. then will plan other way later to try ^^
Our great plan is Complete the Maclehose like those trailwalker if can ^@^ hohoho At least half of it lar

By J (218.250.80.195) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 10:49 am:  Edit

Did you invited some experienced person to be your team leader or just form a team ac hoc? If this is the case, i think you have to do more preparation first and quickly, rather than asking people here what, where and how.

You have to ask some experienced person to go training with your team and share the experience, and familar with the trail first.

Trip planning is important and useful. Have you heard that "No plan is going to plan failure, not success!"

Enjoy your race!

By Lady (218.190.141.72) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 4:04 pm:  Edit

Only me is not experienced person in my team T__T
Some of us ever join the AYP (Silver) and scout but not me.....
Mainly they make the plan i just check it up and they tell me what shall i do or to do....
That's why im a little bit nervous and asking people around.....
cos i only ever take some short journey of hiking
But thx a lot guys ^^ this saturday we may go try on the first 2 path ^^

By Carol (129.94.6.29) on Friday, September 10, 2004 - 4:06 pm:  Edit

如果身邊沒有有經驗的朋友的話,上山藝課程會有幫助. 當然不會教得妳很多,但至少知多一點?

By Carol (129.94.6.29) on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 10:47 am:  Edit

Sorry Lady! I didn't know you're posting the very last message while I was typing mine.

Anyway it'd be terrific to have some sophisticated guys in your group. Did you guys actually join Trailwalker? Cause it sounds like thats the fact.

By Dennis (210.245.204.11) on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 2:41 pm:  Edit

By my experience, walking on MacLehose Trail is not difficult if you divide the 100 miles into 6 to 7 parts. Enjoy yourself.

Add a Message

You can use any username with password "hiking" to post. Registered users and moderators can also post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Profile Close Page Delete Page Move Page Log Out   Administration