地點求証

Hong Kong Hiking Web: 討論組 Forum: 行山資料分類 Hiking Subtopics: 最考人答之問題 Tough Questions: 地點求証
   By 小藍 on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 4:05 pm:  Edit Posted From: 203.218.109.60

唔知點解? 當我見到Plove Cove Walker post個pecuilar symbol ,令我聯想到以前係大埔住既輋民.

By Plove Cove Walker on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 10:38 am:  Edit

KMB59,
Have just checked and found the italic characters such as the Nai Tong Kok, Wang Leng Tau, Wang Leng Pui from the map, but no dotted/solid hiking lines leading to those places except taking risk to drill through thick tress from uphill (see photo 1), and, the available walking space just above the water-immersion line of the lakes appears not wide enough. It seems that finding an easy and comfortable routes for searching the relics in the lake may be in vain.

Nevertheless, while searching relics near the south side of 長牌墩, i.e. the sea shore of pearl-breeding site, I have a little reward by seeing a special stone with pecuilar symbol as below:

By kmb59 on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 9:38 am:  Edit

Plover Cove Walker, find a map produced by the Lands Department (e.g. North East & Central NT) and look at the north bank of the Plover Cove Reservoir. The names of those villages are printed in italics.
After browsing another section of this forum, I visited most of them (from Chung Mei to Siu Kau) on 6 January.

By Plover Cove Walker on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 10:00 pm:  Edit

kmb59, Thank you for your info.
Just off the topic a bit, I learn that Plover Cove Village had been evacuated 40 years ago due to the construction of the Reservoir, do you know the exact whereabout of the this village as some hikers had stepped down to the inner reservoir for tracing the relics around the water-immersion line. I did look down from the 長牌墩 to the Reservoir but nothing speciall really. Pls advise.

By kmb59 on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 9:26 am:  Edit

Plover Cove Walker, here are the approximate coordinates of the tombs:
1) KV 196900, behind Kam Chuk Pai Village (abandoned)
2) KV 205890, at the southern tip of the peninsula separating Tai Kau Village and Siu Kau Village (both abandoned)
In my opinion, they were built by the villagers of the above villages before the construction of the reservoir.

By plover cove walker on Friday, January 04, 2008 - 10:40 am:  Edit

A web site showing a team who had visted the place (partly) that you intend to go, see if this may help:
http://hk.geocities.com/outdoor805/HungShek.htm

Map is also attached showing their route.
They particularly remarked that "繼續小徑走去,話時話唔識行呢條路(黃竹涌)好易迷路" - now I know why you said special planning shall be required.

By saikunger on Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 5:05 pm:  Edit

"why need special planning for solo walk to the round-lake walk? "

漏了這問題 ........黃竹角咀來回有30km..跑下路在黃竹涌出海口有約30m路要涉水故要看出發當天潮汐在早上十時左右的水位

離開烏州塘後就沿路乾旱 till 到淡水湖的伯公咀 (喝水塘水)... 烏州塘是否有水還是一個問號...主觀願望是出發前數天曾下雨及後有兩三天晴天

30km長途未到終點就有機會天黑有得揀的話我會選剛巧是農曆十至十四日的一個週末

就在紅石門區我曾衰過唯一的一次搞到要報警求助貓鬚早燒光冇得再燒 ... cheers

By plover cove walker on Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 11:41 am:  Edit

>>原居民們有另一套墓地申請和審批程序
But this is a country-wide protection area....? Approval shall only be given to non-nature-senitive area, I suppose. Other villagers may misconceive it as 'if someone does it in that place, I can do it as well". The middle island connectiong to 馬屎州 is a good example about which tombs are filling up the whole hill.

Even though it would be approved but the excavated soil would not dumped in this manner. Completion of works should have been followed up by officials to see if any neighourhood area distrubed?

By saikunger on Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 7:01 am:  Edit

也不一定是非法殮葬

原居民們有另一套墓地申請和審批程序

佳佳大人想必知得更多故也不敢在這自曝其短

By plover cove walker on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 11:17 pm:  Edit

This line shall be deleted:
2) distant view showing the mid hill of 大峒 where excavated soil was dumped after tomb making

By plover cove waker on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 11:12 pm:  Edit

Saikunger,

This time is not an enquiry for a location, but a location where unlawful tomb-making has been carried out in the Country-wide Protection Area.

When I walked yesterday at 虎頭沙 and looked to north side which is the 大峒, I notice that soil dumping along the mid hill down about which they are the excavated soil from a recently built tomb-like structure. I could not tell exactly it is a tomb since I looked from 3km apart, but my intuition tells me. I shall be grateful if you would care to confirm my observation for your coming round-lake visit - a pair of binoculars may be required.

If it is proved to be true I may write to Govt to bring their immediate concern since praying by burning incense near the tomb area has very close relationship to hill fire. Neither should soil digging be allowed in controlled area.

If you don't bother this then it would be fine and no hard feelings.

1) distant view showing the mid hill of 大峒 where excavated soil was dumped after tomb making

2) A typical example of an alreay-built tomb in unknown period (but fairly new) was observed in the peninsula tip of 小滘

2) distant view showing the mid hill of 大峒 where excavated soil was dumped after tomb making

By SAIKUNGER on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 11:42 pm:  Edit

"should you need any updated photos of any vantage "points I would be glad to upload for your interest"

thats my honour

solo hiker is not way be equivalent to INSANE .. we just wanna to be "leave me alone"

By plover cove walker on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 10:13 pm:  Edit

saikunger,

Today I have made by 2nd times round-lake walk and took tons of photo, should you need any updated photos of any vantage points I would be glad to upload for your interest. Today the air is quite clear and no cloud, scenery is beautiful, lowest air temp is 19 degree.

By Plover Cove Walker on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 10:05 pm:  Edit

saikunger,
No offence - why need special planning for solo walk to the round-lake walk?

The hiking path from Wu Kau Tang to Plover Cove is clear and alright even if night walking - except the peninsula of Wong Chuk Kok which requires one to core through the bushes and trees. The paths are really vague and lot of rock boulders sumberged under the bushes which may hurt you knees.

By saikunger on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 10:09 am:  Edit

看來係我搞錯

sorry for confusion caused

will verified yr findings soon .. trip to 黃竹角 still under planning

a 30km rip need to be planned carefully...its no way to be casual ... esp it will be a solo one

By plover cover walker on Monday, December 31, 2007 - 11:08 am:  Edit

Saikunger,

An updated news may be of interest to you:

A trip made by 駿騏行旅之「將軍掛劍,鳳凰來儀」to Wong Chuk Kok has recorded a photo remarking that the 大休位置下望戶洲塘,前為往灣洲 thumbnail - the location mentioned appears the same as my previously posted photo so the mystery could thus be solved.
http://www.phomon.com/ckli/wongchukkoktsui.html

Thank you for your support and interest.

By saikunger on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 1:43 pm:  Edit

"go2nature所說汽車" is in fact the remains of a bulldozer, for sure not in the pic

i know cos i saw it n walk past it twice in jan 06

now planning my solo trip to wong chuk kok thus sensitive to all the related topics

have fun

By plover cover walker on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 11:44 am:  Edit

Saikunger,

我最怕穿林或亂闖, 多謝你的提點. 多謝你在別處細心查找. 此內灣有中央沙咀突出, 地圖唔覺有, 回家執相時好奇想知.

我將原圖放大, 沒發現民居, 但見白點垃圾多多. 圖中右上角有大白點, 像大形布袋或go2nature所說汽車?

現時那裡山徑有很多虎頭蜂, 隻隻渾圓大肚腩 (亦有窄腰那種), 半支香煙甘長, 數量之多比別地方的還甚. 大家提防.
car

By saikunger on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 10:57 pm:  Edit

如是烏州塘的話那麼這照片應是在220 900附近西北向的拍下 圖中的海岸線就是下接左下角的烏州塘上連紅石門的盪頭排

但實際上盪頭排到烏州塘一段海邊路都是樹木扶疏 .. 而照片中就是光禿禿

所以這不是烏州塘 ...... 左下方近海處好像有廢屋兩間如屬實的話更肯定不是烏州塘

東北郊遊圖上環湖徑一帶通往烏州塘的路好多都已凐沒, 去上山下海看看下列的 link

http://go2nature.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21909

這區不比西貢熱鬧, 好多地圖上列明的山徑都荒廢左好耐切勿亂闖

By plove cove walker on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 6:42 pm:  Edit

相片中的左下角內灣是否烏州塘. 有勞前輩確實.
此外, 從環湖徑應從那一點 (C26xx) 切入下達較易?

gulf

Add a Message

You can use any username with password "hiking" to post. Registered users and moderators can also post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Profile Close Page Delete Page Move Page Log Out   Administration